Not only is selling your home a daunting task but preparing your home to sell is a huge undertaking. There are little changes that can make a huge impact on potential buyers, and can even increase the value of your home! Here are a few that you should do right now.
1. Start On The Street
An approachable home can make all the difference! A few things to consider doing at a street level: wash the entire exterior, touch up any paint jobs that have weathered over time, remove any overgrown plants and weeds, mow the lawn, and consider adding hardware such as a door knocker or updated numbers to really add that extra “oomph.”
1. Read over documents from your movers before signing anything. Don’t let contracts intimidate you by learning about the documents you’ll be receiving ahead of time. We can’t emphasize enough how important this is.
2. Take pictures of all electronics & cables before unplugging them. This will make reconnecting things such as your TV, cable box, and internet much easier.
3. Make a list of all your valuables before they go on the moving truck. Label the boxes you packed your them in.
4. Gather socks, t-shirts, towels, and linens to use as free packing supplies, especially for those fragile items.
5. Switch your cable and internet. Be sure to check if your current cable company can move with you. If not, cancel your old
You might have heard that saying about the number of fish there are in the sea – the sea of prospective dates and mates. The same goes for homes on the market.
Even when the market heats up as it's doing now, it's not uncommon for a buyer to visit 10, 20 or even more homes before finding the property they want to make their home.
These numbers can be daunting, but even the most particular buyers, even buyers who are frustrated by how many homes don't seem like the right fit, can take heart in this one truth of dating that also applies to house hunting: You only need to find ONE.
So the next question is this: how do you know which fish is the one you should take home – I mean, make your home? To help, here are six signs that a given home
Not everyone has the time to put major work into their home.
There are tons of DIY fixes that you can complete in a weekend if you are committed to rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands a little dirty! (not really)We filtered through some of the trendiest DIY hacks & projects that we think will be the perfect addition to spruce up even the most dated rooms in your home!
1. Paint A Room Or An Accent Wall
Painting a room or wall may sound like a tough job, but it can make all the difference and can be knocked out in a day!
2. Switch Out Cabinet Hardware
This one may sound too easy, but we promise it can be the thing to turn your
Looking for the latest real estate trends in New Castle County and Southern Chester County? We've got you covered. What do these statistics mean for you? From number of homes sold to the average sales price, these numbers can make or break your decision to buy or sell a home.